2024 Primary Intermediate Term 1
- Can ONLY play for ONE team per term - second game will be insistant disqualification
- Can ONLY play up for one team per term - can not play down
FAIR PLAY CODE FOR PLAYERS
- I will play Basketball because I want to, NOT because others or coaches want me to.
- I will play by the rules of basketball, and in the spirit of the game.
- I will control my temper - FIGHTING and MOUTHING OFF can spoil the game for everyone.
- I will RESPECT my opponets.
- I will do my best to be a true team player.
- I will remember that winning is not everything - that having fun, improving skills, making friends and doing my best are also important.
- I will acknowledge all good plays and performances - those of my team and my opponents.
- I will remember that coaches and officials are there to help me. I will respect their decisions and show them respect.
FAIR PLAY CODE FOR SPECTATORS
- I will remember that participants play basketball for their enjoyment. They are not playing basketball to entertain me.
- I will not have unrealistic expectations. I will remember that players are not professionals and cannot be judged by professional standards.
- I will respectt he officials' decisions and I will encourage participants to do the same.
- I will not ridicule a player for making a mistake during the game. I will give positive comments that motivate and encourage continued effort.
- I will condemn the use of violence in any form and will express my disaproval in an appropriate manner to coaches and league officials.
- I will not approach a child during and after a game if I have a concern with a player or individual, and I will express my disapproval in an appropriate manner to coaches and league officials out of view of team.
- I will show respect for my team's opponents, because with out them, there would be no game.
- I will not use bad language nor will I harrass players, coaches, officials and other spectators.